Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Catching Up-11:08 p.m.-7/28/11

Hello Readers,

Sorry I have been out of contact lately. I have been away from home for a few weeks and as you all know by now, my only computer source is at the library. Anyways, a lot has happened since my last post, so let's catch up.

1. As you probably guessed, I have not been able to type anymore of my manuscript, but school is about to start back so I will have plenty of time to work on that book when I finish my work in my four hours in the computer lab.

2. I may have been away from the computer, but y'all know that did not keep me from writing. I know I said I didn't want to start another project with pen and paper, but I couldn't help myself. I live to write and I write to live. I was about to go nuts sitting around with all that time on my hands and all those ideas in my head. So, I not only did I start one project, I started two. Don't worry, I plan on finishing them.

The first one is, of course, book 2 of the one I just finished writing.

I always wanted to do a book of quickies, well I am again doing mine with a little twist. Y'all know I love my twists, that's how I stay different. Anyway, I'm not giving up any secrets, but I will tell one thing. I am not Zane and I am not trying to be Zane. These quickies probably don't even qualify as erotica, but it is adult fiction.

3. I have been caught up in my research, which is something I always do. I am a rookie, but I don't want to handle my business like one when I do get ready to publish. So, first things first, I have finally decided to self-publish. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Second, on my Linkdin profile I started a discussion about choosing the right editor. Well as usual, my group flooded me with helpful information that I knew nothing about. Today was the very first day that I realized just exactly how new I was to the business/publishing side. I did not know that editors and proofreader were different people with different job titles. I did not know that editing alone, had many level and critical steps. It was just so much that I didn't know and honestly it was very overwhelming and frightening. So, now I know I need to sit down and list the things I want in an editor. Then, I'll go from there.

4. As I said earlier, school is about to start back. August 3 to be exact, which is one day after my birthday. Best birthday gift ever, honestly I love school...especially since it's my senior year. I am telling you this, because I won't be able to do this blog as often and I didn't won't everybody to think I gave up. If this site isn't blocked at school, I'll blog everyday or two. If it is blocked, I'll just try to get to the library once a week.

So, today post has come to an end. Keep reading and I'll keep posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment