Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Strike One---5/17/2012---1:29 p.m.

Hello Readers,

On my last post, I informed you that I was looking into guest blogging. Well I did look into it and I found a site that same day. They had a list of about five topics to choose from and I did. It had to be like 250-800 words. I also had to include a picture that pertained to the blog and a couple other things that I don't remember exactly. Anywhoo, I check my email about an hour ago only to find the following:



Hi Queen,

Thank you for your interest in guest posting on ***** ****. Unfortunately we are only accepting submissions from our current authors. Good luck on finding another outlet for your article!

Sincerely,

The Author Relations Coordinator



Now, I am in no way upset...maybe disappointed a little, but getting turned down comes with the territory. My issue is basically that I feel like I was misinformed, because the website was for anybody. Nowhere did it say, "Only for our current authors." Anyway, like I said, I'm not really upset, just a little disappointed. On the other hand, I am very intrigued about this entire process and I honestly can't wait to try it again even if I get shot down again. I am so intrigued that I can't wait to get more followers, so I can invite people to guest blog.

One thing that I did learn from all of this is that when guest blogging you need to try to stay within your own genre. That sounds easy right? Now understand this, I write adult fiction...well erotica defines what I write better. It's so easy to find an erotic book, but not as easy to find a blog written by an erotica author. When I search for erotic guest blog requests, I find blogs that have erotic stories for each post. If I do a submission like that it could be great by getting people to like my writing style and get my blog a lot of followers. It could also be bad because some readers may come to my blog expecting to find more stories only to find me promoting my books which they have to buy, so they leave and never return. Oh well, it never hurts to try.

Anywhoo, I am working on Chapters 16 and 17 of What it Takes to Keep Her. How I got to working on two chapters at once is a long, crazy story. I also realized that when I was in that crazy pen name phase, I have stuff under Queen B as well as still under Queen Breean and Breean. Forgive me for that craziness. As of right now, I’m officially Queen B, but for those first two novellas, you may buy an Ebook with Breean on it, but it’s all the same. I’ll try to upload new covers, but until then it’s going to stay. Well readers, that's all for now.

Until next time...

Queen B.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, that's a shame for you.
    I do so hope you find another guest blog.

    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame but it is quite alright. You have to work for what you want in life so I am not down about getting rejected at all. I'm just eager to see what's next, but I do hope I do get another chance.

      Queen B

      Delete